Our Editor - Jo Waugh
What would you do with a passion for language and what some might describe as an annoying pedantry for accuracy and neatness? To me, there is nothing better than a tidy piece of text that uses just the right word at every turn. I have worked in various editorial roles for the past 10 years and along with superb proofreading and editorial skills I have experience in creating learning materials, writing and editing performance standards, writing procedures and processes, developing style guides, and writing persuasive business documents such as tender and grant applications.
Relevant qualifications and memberships:
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics, The University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Arts and Diploma in Languages (Japanese), The University of Adelaide
- Certificate in Professional Editing and Proofreading, Open Colleges
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test: level N3
- Society of Editors (SA), associate member
I work using the Australian Style Manual, Macquarie Dictionary and your house style as directed.