What would you do with a passion for language and what some might describe as an annoyingly grammar themed eagle eye? To me, there is nothing better than a tidy piece of text that uses just the right word at every turn. I have worked in various editorial roles for the past 10 years and along with finely honed proofreading and editorial skills I have experience in creating learning materials, writing and editing performance standards, writing procedures and processes, developing style guides, and writing persuasive business documents such as tender and grant applications. I enjoy working as an editor because I get to read many different topics and subjects and learn more about the world as I work.
I have a smallish child and a very irritating cat who does his best to obstruct my access to the keyboard. When not silently correcting your grammar I can be found baking, crocheting and dreaming about travel.
Relevant qualifications and memberships:
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics, The University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Arts and Diploma in Languages (Japanese), The University of Adelaide
- Certificate in Professional Editing and Proofreading, Open Colleges
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test: level N3
- Editors (SA), associate member.
I work using the Australian Style Manual, Macquarie Dictionary and your house style as directed.